Policy of Inland Water Transport
For the development of IWT sector, IWT will try it best future transformation to privatization by reforming in accordance with time and system obtaining local and foreign assistance and investment to implement by JV, BOT and PPP systems.
Objectives of IWT
- To perform for sustainable development of public Transport within the framework of IWT Laws, by law and authority.
- To connect with other transport networks for safe and smooth transportation of passengers and cargo along navigable waterways where IWT vessels can play.
- To extend coastal transportation services in addition to river transportation in future.
- To perform River port management and post services which will be developed in accordance time and system.
- To try and reform our best for modernization and development of IWT sector and to cooperate with local and foreign organization for required investment and technologies.
- To perform by taking special care for wrested security and safety of passengers cargo and vessels.
- To up grad IWT dockyards for construction and repairing of vessels according to the market demand.
- To cultivate and enhance capacity and efficiency of personnel.
- In future, to stand as department of high efficiency and good services by successfully transforming into privatization.
Motto of IWT